- Life ScienceLife Science
- @RTP Programs@RTP Programs
TiE Carolinas | Smart Grid Event
Smart Grid: Energy Management in the 21st Century
In a country with an ever escalating demand for electricity and a power infrastructure that is unable to keep up, what do we do? Smart Grid addresses this dilemma head on.
There are over 60 Smart Grid companies in the Triangle area. Here are some facts about our area as reported by the City of Raleigh Economic Development Program:
- The U.S. Chamber of Commerce ranks our area as the #1 Most Sustainable Mid-Size Community.
- Raleigh is the #2 City for Smart Grid Software Development
- North Carolina is the #3 State for Smart Grid vendors.
But there are questions about Smart Grid:
- What is it exactly? Hardware, software, data analytics?
- How does it help you as a consumer, understand the carbon footprint of your household?
- How does it help you as a business owner, understand how your energy consumption affects your ability to deliver products and services?
- What new business models are emerging?
- What opportunities are opening up for small businesses, entrepreneurs and job-seekers?
Please join us for networking from 6 to 6:45 PM, immediately followed by our highly complimented catered dinner from Tamarind Indian Bistro and panel discussion.
We look forward to seeing all our current members as well as potential members. We encourage you to bring friends and colleagues to all TiE Carolinas events.
Pre-registration closes March 21; Walk-in registration on March 22.
$15 TiE and CED members / $30 Non-members / $10 Students
Brier Creek Country Club
9400 Club Hill Dr
Raleigh, NC 27617