- Life ScienceLife Science
- @RTP Programs@RTP Programs
Entrepreneur's Series: Building a SaaS Company from Funding through IPO
Southern Capitol Ventures
After a summer off from hosting Entrepreneur's Series, we're back in September with an afternoon with a top SaaS analyst and then two panels. We will also save time for lots of networking - all focused on SaaS (software as a service).
Top SaaS Trends
To lead it off, we will have Laura Lederman, co-head of the Technology Sector from William Blair talk about the top SaaS trends in 2011.
Next we will have an interactive panel with four of the most successful SaaS companies in our market. They will talk about trends with their business, how they grew successfully over the years and offer advice to other entrepreneurs trying to build a SaaS company.
- Joe Colopy, CEO, Bronto
- Jesse Lipson, CEO, Sharefile (ranked as 8th fastest growing software company in the US)
- David Spitz, President, ChannelAdvisor
- Steve Wiehe, CEO, SciQuest (went public in 2011 -NASDAQ:SQI)
SaaS VC Panel
Last we will talk with a panel of four venture capitalists. All are investing in SaaS companies. They will talk about their criteria, offer tips on the best way to pitch them and talk about where their firms are investing in 2011.
- Paul Grim, General Partner, Sunbridge Partners (investors in Salesforce.com)
- Roger Krakoff, Managing Partner, Cloud Capital
- Michael Ramich, Partner, Frontier Capital
- Jason Trevisan, General Partner, Polaris Venture
1:30-2pm - Registration & Networking
2-3pm - SaaS Entrepreneur Panel and Q&A
3-4pm - SaaS VC Panel and Q&A
4-4:45pm - Networking & Wrapup
$49.00 Advance ticket
Brier Creek Country Club - Clubhouse
9400 Club Hill Drive
Raleigh, NC 27617