Leaders from the Triangle's top corporations and university-level educators are increasingly collaborating to advance their fields through research, workforce development, advocacy and continuing education. Together they create a strong and unrivaled business climate in the Research Triangle Region.
Several of those organizations supporting innovation include:
- Blackstone Entrepreneurs Network, NC
- Council for Entrepreneurial Development (CED)
- International Game Developers Association (IGDA)
- N.C. Biotechnology Center
- N.C. Biosciences Organization (NCBIO)
- N.C. Center for Innovation for Nanobiotechnology
- N.C. Technology Association
- Small Business and Technology Development Center
The Research Triangle Park (RTP) was founded by government, university, and business leaders as a model for research, innovation, and economic development. By establishing a place where educators, researchers, and businesses come together as collaborative partners, the founders of the Park changed the economic composition of the region and state, thereby increasing the opportunities for the citizens of North Carolina.
Today, state leaders in North Carolina, along with their local counterparts in Wake and Durham counties, have continued upon that legacy of strong support. In addition to the investments made in the physical infrastructure of the Park, including its roadways and access to utilities, public sector partners have cultivated a strong and networked “innovation” infrastructure and created incentives and tax credits that allow companies to achieve competitive operating costs in the Research Triangle Region.